2013/02/21

What's going on?

So it has been a very uneventful couple of months here at the Warroom.  Getting back to work after my car accident seems to have sapped much of my creative juice, that and the 13 hour days.  I have been spending a LOT of time playing Skyrim on the Xbox 360 though and last week my WONDERFUL wife picked up the Collectors edition of Aliens Colonial Marines




 Now this game had been getting really bad reviews, but I have to say it's fun, and the online play is a lot of fun.  Just need to figure out how those kids keep kicking my butt.

   I did recently visited my local hobby store Tiger Hobbies and picked up this great book on the Mig-21.

Published by Histoire & Collections in their Plane and Pilot series this is some great eye candy and will be great for when I get to painting some 1/144 Mig-21 for Yom Kippur, Iran/Iraq  and Bekka Valley air war games.  This book covers all users of the Mig-21F-13 to the Mig-21 bis and includes at least 3 to 5 color side views of versions used by that particular country as well as a quick historical overview of the use of the Fishbed by that country  This is a great series and I have already picked up a previous issue on the USAF and foreign users of the F-4 Phantom II.  Other subjects include the ME-110/410, ME-109's, FW-190's, P-40 and many more.

Also picked up while out was a Box O' 15mm M4A2 Shermans from Plastic Soldier Company for use with my USMC.  As these have been reviewed by EVERYONE I don't plan on doing one, but will do a build up specific to USMC Shermans in the coming weeks.

No comments: